Thank you to our Supporters!!
SC22's HPC in the City: Dallas hackathon will focus on issues that affect Dallas/Ft. Worth, and/or the State of Texas. The event
provides training to students in the use of both high-performance computing resources and data analysis to address selected issues with
mentors and staff/specialists from the various associated fields. Registration is currently open for college students, faculty, staff and/or
employees of HPC related organizations/companies to participate.
November 3rd - 7th, 2022
( Note: There will also be several optional pre-event training sessions. )
Virtual (Zoom and Discord)
Persons that have an interest in gaining high-performance computing and/or data analysis skills in an applied hands-on manner. That includes but is not limited to Students (Certificate seeking/Undergraduate/Graduate/Postgraduate), Faculty/Teachers, Staff, Researchers, and Subject Matter Experts. With coding/research/analysis skill levels ranging from Beginner ( I am in my first course and/or I have heard about it ) to Expert ( I do this professionally and/or publish research ) and everything in between.
This includes persons from:
- Colleges/Universities (Certificate Granting/2yr/4yr/Non-Doctoral Granting/Doctoral Granting)
- National Laboratories
- Local/Federal/National Agencies
- Participants/Hackers - Students
- Mentors* - Students, Faculty/Teachers, Staff, Researchers, Subject Matter Experts
- Co-Mentors*/Staff* - Faculty/Teachers, Staff, Researchers, Subject Matter Experts
- Judges* - Faculty/Teachers, Staff, Researchers, Subject Matter Experts
- Speakers/Supporters - Subject Matter Experts, Community Members
[ *Note: There will be a 1-hour pre-event training session for this role ]
The HPC in the City: Dallas Hackathon will Kick-Off on the evening of November 3rd, 2022 with a session in which team mentors will pitch ideas. Student participants will then choose the idea on which they want to work during the event. Each group will contain a mentor, co-mentor, and three (3) to five (5) students. From November 4th-6th, 2022 there will be two(2) “Check-ins” per day. One in the morning and the other in the evening containing team updates on progress as well as any challenges that collectively might be resolved by the group as a whole. Additionally, the Check-ins will include organizer-provided challenges that will add a bit of fun to each session while helping the teams progress. Finally, on the evening of November 7th, 2022 the teams will present their results. A series of equally ranked prizes will be awarded including Viewer’s Choice Award, Judges Award, and HPC in the City Impact Award.
Each team will deliver a Team/Project GitHub Repository Link with:
- Any Generated Source Code with Comments
- A PDF of the project presentation
- Team members
- Use of HPC technology in the project
- How it helps the Dallas/Ft. Worth and/or greater Texas community
- A custom README.md file with team and project information
Further information on prior HPC in the City Hackathons as well as previous team projects can be found at http://hackhpc.org/pasthacks
If there are any questions feel free to ask them via email at email@example.com